- Business Development
• Engage with:
o Senior leadership to understand ELJ current and future business needs, and
o External parties to understand partner capabilities and strategic opportunities (License-in, License-out, Divestiture, Co-promotion, Co-distribution etc.)
• Support BD&AM Director to propose potential deals to ELJ senior leadership, Eli Lilly global Business Development and Business Unit Leadership based on the above engagement.
• Stable execution: Manage cross-functional transaction teams that leverage ELJ/Corporate expertise to evaluate, negotiate and operationalize transactions.
• Assemble, directly and with finance colleagues, financial valuation models that include appropriate inputs from marketing, development and finance. Ensure appropriate networking with accounting, tax, treasury and legal at both the ELJ and Corporate levels.
• Prepare clear communications to ELJ/Corporate leadership that ensure alignment, understanding, and support for transactions.
• Establish and/or facilitate the governance for all ELJ and certain corporate partnerships. Specifically, the planning, preparation and execution of governance meetings.
• Identify and manage the potential risks for the partnership and support operational departments from the contractual perspectives at a timely manner.
• Resolve conflicts between Eli Lilly/ELJ and its partners in a manner that promotes the best interests of the partnership.
• Connect with Office of Alliance Management in Corporate (“OAM”) to grow alliance management knowledge/experience/operational excellence and share these elements with the relevant ELJ colleagues.
- • More than 2 years Investment Banking Experience (Best) or Consulting Firm/Accounting Firm Experiences (Preferred) （M&A）
• 2-3 years experiences in Pharmaceutical industry is Strong Plus, but not a Must.
• Must be fluent in Japanese and English
• Ability to listen to the statements of the customer/partner/team member and client
• Possesses strong strategic, analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to make well thought out decisions
• Proficient in Power-point and Excel